The ICE exchange from London opened up its operations:
- EUA spot opened at € 7.28
- EUA Dec 15 futures opened at € 7.35
- CER spot contract opened at € 0.03
- Brent Crude Front Month (March 2015) trades at $ 55.73
- German Power Front Month trades (March 2015) at € 31.70
The International Carbon Market
China will launch in 2016 a national scheme for greenhouse gas emissions, which will be fully functional in 2019.
According to a Chinese official, Jiang Zhaoli, the carbon market in China will include six sectors of activity: steel, energy, nonferrous metals, chemicals, building materials and aviation, including companies in these areas with an yearly production of at least 26,000 t CO2.
Currently, China has in operation seven regional CO2 pilot system.
Source: Eco News