The ICE exchage from London opened down today, May 14:
- EUA spot opened at € 5,24
- EUA DEC14 futures opened at € 5,19
- CER futures contract Dec14 opened at € 0,09
- Brent Crude Front Month trade at $ 110,35
- German Power Front Month trade at € 29,90
EU carbon permit surplus rose to over 2.1 bln allowances in 2013
The number of surplus carbon permits in the European Union’s flagship Emissions Trading System (ETS) swelled to over 2.1 billion allowances at the end of 2013 compared to 2.0 billion allowances in 2012 as emissions fell with 3% compared to the same year, the European Commission said.
For more details, please click here.
Source: The European Commission, May 2014