The ICE exchange from London closed up its CO2 operations:
- EUA spot closed at € 7.64
- EUA Dec 15 futures closed at € 7.71
- CER spot contract closed at € 0.03
- CER Dec 15 futures closed at € 0.40
- Brent Crude Front Month (March 15): $ 61.56
- German Power Front Month (March 15): € 32.35
The European Carbon Market EU ETS
The EUA price continued the upward trend of last week when the ENVI Committee of the European Parliament published the legislative proposal on the reform of the market. Soon after, the price surpassed the resistance level of Eur 7.50, as a result of increased demand for certificates. Today trading session on the ICE see the EUA Dec. ’15 futures contract at highs of Eur 7.73.
We expect prices to rise in the next period, with the milestone date is 28.02.2015 in which it will be decided the MSR – Market Stability Reserve.
Source: ECX ICE, London