The ICE exchange from London opened down its operations:
- EUA spot closed at € 6.05
- EUA DEC14 futures closed at € 6.04
- CER futures contract Dec14 closed at € 0.09
- Brent Crude Front Month trade at $ 85.54
- German Power Front Month trade at € 34.85
The International Carbon Market
The International Energy Agency (IEA) today welcomed the launch of the world’s first large-scale power station equipped with carbon capture and storage (CCS) technology, calling it a historic milestone along the road to a low-carbon energy future.
The 110MW retrofit of SaskPower’s Boundary Dam coal-fired power plant in Saskatchewan, Canada will trap around 1 million tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2) per year. The captured CO2 will be injected into nearby oilfields to enhance oil recovery. The plant began capturing CO2 in September and was due to be inaugurated this week.
For more information, please click here.